9.27.2011

shall we compare?

You have to love it when you're having a conversation with someone, and you feel like what you're saying is really important, and when you're waiting for them to respond all you get is "oh that happened to me once" and then they go on with their some-what impressive story and seem to want even more of a reaction back from you.  (holy run-on sentence btw). This just happened to me. Only it happened to me with the topic of children--my child, to be exact. I was talking about potty training. My child is turning two in a couple weeks and its about time we start to think about teaching him the potty in my opinion. But I was expressing how I was worried about time, teaching, schedule, guilt for feeling those things, etc. So what do I get for a reply? "My daughter started the potty at one and a half and picked it up so easy. It was the easiest thing ever. She was the princess of pee pee, and loved listening to me when I told her to go. Everything is perfect in my rainbow sunshine skittle unicorn world!" (Ok. That was paraphrased). But to make my point, don't throw your accomplishments in my face when I'm looking for some support. Your daughter has a bucket, my son has a fire hose. Let's compare what is easier now.
That's what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment