10.04.2011

The things I see...

So today I had to take my son to the doctor, and it turns out that he has croup. This totally sucks, to put it frankly. The poor thing sounds like he has emphysema when he talks, and his cough is just nuts. I'm staying home with him tomorrow, and Nana is watching him later in the week, so it looks like everything will work out okay.

This post isn't mainly about my son, though. The main reason I wanted to write this post is because I wanted to describe to you what I saw in the waiting room today at my son's appointment. It was scary insane.

I saw mom's texting or doing God-knows-what on their phones (come to think of it, they were probably playing Words With Friends with their bestie) while their children ran around getting into everything and anything they could get their snotty hands on (btw, that makes for a great way for those places to stay in business). Also, some children I swear hadn't showered in weeks, and they were stinking the place up.

BUT--this one is the best of them all. Guys, words cant express what I saw, so I searched the Internet until I found the following two pictures that I'm about to show you:

I swear I saw THIS mother:


Carrying along THIS baby:



When that child that you see in that picture right there was looking at me....honest to God, upon my life, I changed my seat. The baby was the scariest I've ever seen in my entire life. Judging from his mother, though, that wasnt a big surprise. The picture that I found on the internet was fairly accurate of her, only without the ciggarette, because she smelt like blueberries. At least she had that going for her.

Life and everything in it is so interesting. That's why I love it so much. It will never cease to amaze me.


And now, back to my poor sick 2 year old darth vader.

"Mummy, i am your son. give me what i want without any hesitation whatsoever."

No comments:

Post a Comment